Safe & Sound Campaign
↓ Jump to toolkit
The Indiana Hospital Association is increasing efforts and putting resources towards developing and creating the Safe and Sound workplace safety initiative. This comprehensive violence prevention program, which encompasses efforts from all departments within IHA, aims to:
- Increase public understanding of the problem of workplace safety and violence.
- Improve data collection and analysis of workplace safety perceptions and events to assess and mitigate risk.
- Gain legislative traction to support health care worker safety.
- Provide training opportunities for hospital staff.
- Build a culture of nonviolence within the health care workplace.
Anticipated future activities include:
- Improving safety event reporting and tracking.
- Building peer-to-peer support infrastructure.
- Situational monitoring and awareness training.
If you have questions or need assistance with any pieces of the Safe and Sound Toolkit, please contact Laurie Gerdt, Quality and Patient Safety Advisor and Safe and Sound project lead, or Casey Hutchens, Patient Safety Project Coordinator.
Safe & Sound Communication Toolkit
Please find the assets below and use them to support your hospital by sharing this workplace safety initiative. These free tools were designed especially for hospitals, medical centers, and others who serve and support health care needs of the public. Use these tools to enhance your internal and external communication efforts to promote safety in the hospital workplace.
Use these documents for internal communications only. Feel free to copy/paste.
Hospital Leader: Did You Know? NEW CONTENT
Template: CEO Email Letter to Staff
CEO Internal Talking Points
Right Direction for Me: Employer Mental Health Start-up Kit